The course for beginners which provides you with an opportunity to make your first steps in yachting and includes a lot of theoretical knowledge as well as 50 nautical miles with the yacht crew.
You will discover a great number of new things. You will learn:
- Parts of a boat and how to handle it
- Names and functions of boat equipment, how to move around the boat correctly, how to use water, electricity, lavatory
- Sailing terms, how to handle sails
- Basic boat maneuvers such as tacking and gybing and the way the crew does them
- Elements of mooring and anchoring
- Elementary navigation principles, how to use compass, basic knots.
After completing this course you will be able to follow skillfully skipper’s orders to handle the boat. This kind of certificate does not enable you to charter a boat, but if a crew member has one, its availability influences on charter company’s decision to let a boat to a skipper with certificate of higher level. When chartering a boat over 50 feet presence of qualified crew member is required.
5 days training
A one-week course that includes Flotilla Skipper course, available to those having Competent Crew certificate and sailing experience not less than 50 nautical miles. During the training you will log 200-250 miles more. This kind of certificate will enable you to charter a yacht under 50 ft. and sail 20 nautical miles off the coast in daytime.
The course syllabus includes:
- tidal waters
- further study of International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea 1972 (COLREGs)
- improvement of mooring and anchoring skills, and Man Overboard (M.O.B.) training
- sailing safety instructions.
This training package includes VHF Radio Operator course (rules of radio operation and International Phonetic Alphabet). VHF radio is required to be installed onboard any vessel in order to ensure safe sailing and communication between a vessel and the coast or other vessels. Currently a growing number of charter companies ask to present not only skipper license but radio operator license as well. If you make up your mind to get VHF certificate after completion of this course, you will be able to buy it for additional 50 Euro.
Master of yacht coastal
This kind of certificate is sufficient for most of charter companies situated in the areas where maritime infrastructure is not well-developed. It gives you the right to sail 50 nautical miles off the coast in day and night time.
The course includes:
- Basic principles of international maritime regulations by International
- Maritime Organization (IMO)
- Global Marine Distress and Safety System (GMDSS)
- Advanced study of International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea (COLREGs)
- Use of navigation electronic equipment, yacht’s autopilot
- Emergency situations training
This course lasts for 5-6 days that include night sailing. Only certified Bareboat Captains who logged not less than 800 nautical miles proved by a Logbook are allowed to take this course.
5-6 days training